Re: XDP Performance Regression in recent kernel versions

Hey all,

Yeah, we do tests for ELN kernels [1] on a regular basis. Since
~January of this year.

As already mentioned, mlx5 is the only driver affected by this regression.
Unfortunately, I think Jesper is actually hitting 2 regressions we noticed,
the one already mentioned by Toke, another one [0] has been reported
in early February.
Btw. issue mentioned by Toke has been moved to Jira, see [5].

Not sure all of you are able to see the content of [0], Jira says it's
RH-confidental.
So, I am not sure how much I can share without being fired :D. Anyway,
affected kernels have been released a while ago, so anyone can find it
on its own.
Basically, we detected 5% regression on XDP_DROP+mlx5 (currently, we
don't have data for any other XDP mode) in kernel-5.14 compared to
previous builds.