Re: A2DP over DBUS

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Choi Sonim <choisonim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Marcel,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can you please explain briefly what's the underlying method that the
>> plugin uses to send the data to bluez then ? does it directly uses
>> sockets and sends it to the kernel ?
>
> direct SCO or L2CAP sockets to have a low latency and to avoid copying
> data around.

That's interesting. What about platforms like Android that are only
Java (If I am not wrong) ?

Android is definitely not pure Java, although third party apps for Android are recommended to use the Java API's.

The built in Android profiles currently open sockets with the kernel in C code.

Can they connect directly to those sockets
from Java applications ?

In Android v1.0 we will not have stable Java API's to use Bluetooth :(

In the near future we intend to expose RFCOMM, L2CAP and SCO (control only) via a Java Socket-like API for third party app development.

Thank you a lot
Choi