Re: "unable to install hw params" to bluetooth (SCO) headset (was: btusb+sco failing to play sound through Jabra BT500v headset)

Hi Martin,

> > don't use headsetd. Use the audio stuff that comes with bluez-utils.
>
> So I am trying, and I got a little further, installing the right
> lines into .asoundrc as per
> http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices. I have gotten beyond
> issues of
>
>   bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
>   aplay: main:564: audio open error: Connection refused
>
> but it still doesn't want to work. If I execute
>
>   arecord -D bt500v -f S16_LE | aplay -D bt500v -f S16_LE
>
> then the headset makes a noise, the bluetooth LED flashes and
> arecord prints
>
>   Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
>
> But then after about 30 or 40 seconds, it all fails:
>
>   ALSA lib pcm_bluetooth.c:464:(bluetooth_hsp_hw_params) BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)
>   arecord: set_params:979: Unable to install hw params:
>   ACCESS:  RW_INTERLEAVED
>   FORMAT:  S16_LE
>   SUBFORMAT:  STD
>   SAMPLE_BITS: 16
>   FRAME_BITS: 16
>   CHANNELS: 1
>   RATE: 8000
>   PERIOD_TIME: 125000
>   PERIOD_SIZE: 1000
>   PERIOD_BYTES: 2000
>   PERIODS: 4
>   BUFFER_TIME: 500000
>   BUFFER_SIZE: 4000
>   BUFFER_BYTES: 8000
>   TICK_TIME: [0 0]
>   aplay: playback:2019: read error
>
> I have bluez-audio installed, but /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf is
> default. No PulseAudio or anything other than plain ALSA here...
>
> Any clues?

actually I have none. It simply works for me. And I have tested it a
lot. There are some rare conditions where the btusb driver is off on the
16-bit boundaries, but I am looking at a fix for it. However this will
not disturb the audio service. You just don't here anything.

Regards

Marcel