From: "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "BlueZ development" <bluez-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 4:18 PM
Subject: Re:  Connecting to audio_service.Control (or otherinterfaces)

Hi David,

On Jun 27, 2008, at 23:50, David Stockwell wrote:
> That said: is it still your intent (or that of the development
> group) that the Object Path for audio-connected devices will be /org/
> bluez/audio/device<n> (where "n" is 0-based)?

In 4.0 with hcid and the plugins there is only one object path
hierarchy and a single object path per remote device (created by
CreateDevice or CreatePairedDevice). These paths have some generic
name plus the remote address and I don't remember right now how it
looks like. Try out those Create*Device methods and find out :)

> I assume that one would have to do any/all pairing against the
> org.bluez.Adapter object (e.g., object path /hci0), creating a
> Device object (e.g., /hci0/dev_00_02_5B_01_A4_74) before connecting
> to the audio Service and creating the audio Device (using the BT
> Address of the remote device, e.g., 00:02:5B:01:A4:74).  Do I have
> this right?

No. In 4.x only one method call is needed to set up a new device.
Calling CreateDevice or CreatePairedDevice will cause hcid to perform
SDP discovery and if it finds audio profiles a callback will be fired
into the audio plugin which in turn will register the necessary audio
specific D-Bus interfaces for the new device object.

> How much of what is in audio-api.txt is or will be obsolete under 4.x?

Any API docs outside of the doc/ subdirectory are obsolete. You can
find the 4.x audio API in doc/audio-api.txt

Johan