Re: how many Linux machines do you run?

I have one Linux desktop running Fedora-MATE-Compiz 40. I also have a
Raspberry Pi 400 that runs Stormux. I configured that to be somewhat of
a laptop for myself. I also have two VPS machines over in Amsterdam
where I have run websites and yes, email. I cheated though. I use Hestia
Control Panel to manage everything, which makes certificates, dkim,
dmark, etc much much easier to handle. Back when Freenom was a thing, I
ran my own personal email through my own server, and never had any
problems sending mail to anyone or receiving it myself, even though I
used a .ml domain that people like to say was used by spammers and
scammers, though if I was a spammer or scammer, I would have bitten the
bullet and just purchased a .com, as these are magical trust-rainbow
unicorns. Yes, I was in fact able to set my reverse DNS PTR record with
my VPS provider, and the rest was done through the panel, all except the
dmark and spf records, which are just TXT records on the domain which I
added at my DNS provider, which incidentally was different from my VPS
provider. I also hosted my own websites there, which is quite a bit
easier to do, but I found mail to be easy enough actually. The problem
now is that Freenom looks like it's gone forever, and I haven't found a
decent domain registry yet that won't either charge me an arm, a leg and
my eye teeth, force me to dox myself to any script kiddie who knows
about the system whois command or run what feels like a sscam on me. I
feel that ICANN itself is a scam, as it's really the United States
Department of Commerce disguised as a global non-profit that holds a
monopoly on every name accessible world-wide on the internet, but that's
a discussion for another day and time. In any case, unfortunately, I now
must also outsource my email to GMX, which is really just 1&1. I don't
do any tricks with relays, and for some reason I could never get Mutt
working the way I needed, so because 1&1 still allows me to enable
secure IMAP on my GMX account, I am able to get my email on Thunderbird
on my Linux machines and FairEmail on my Android devices. One day I hope
to be able to run my own email again, as I trust the security of a mail
server I control over a large corporation any day of the week, and email
really is easier to self-host in a secure way than it seems on the
surface, and best of all, everything needed is free open source
software. But my budget just isn't big enough these days to be able to
buy server space and the names I would need to bring all my stuff,
including self-hosted more secure than Google ever dreamed of email,
back online.

~Kyle