Re: Fedora 40 workstation status

On 1/7/24 23:16, 'Kyle' via blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
In any case, I have no idea where this article comes from talking about
Fedora not being accessible for 9 years. That just seems odd to me.

I interpret the article in question as claiming that (1) Fedora Workstation has been using Wayland by defalt for nine years, (2) Orca doesn't properly support Wayland, (note that this is due to issues on the Wayland side), and hence (3) default installations of Fedora have had adequate (known to be flawed)

support for screen reader accessibility during this time. The author further refers to the role of Red Hat in Fedora and their ultimate ownership by IBM, large corporations that could well afford to have committed the engineering effort to solve these problems years ago.

https://ar.al/2024/06/23/fedora-has-been-shipping-with-a-broken-screen-reader-for-nine-years-but-the-real-problem-is-me/

Note this is very different from making the false claim that Fedora has not been at all screen reader-accessible over the time period - and the author doesn't assert the latter claim.