solutions for 450 errors?

Hi folks,
This one is frankly new, and I have been using computers for a long time.
When I post to freelist lists i am on, and some private ones, i am getting a mail delivery error stating that the mail generates a 450 error, with extra numbers. the error stated says that the service, freelist for example, cannot find my hostname. searching seems to suggest this means the ip address does not match shellworld.net, or the reverse.
Any ideas on what this actually means, and what I can do?
Thanks,
Karen