Re: solutions for 450 errors?

On 1/3/24 18:06, Martin McCormick wrote:
	I could be totally wrong but that's the only thing I see
that might cause an issue.  The host name and the reverse host
name should match perfectly and these don't quite match.

My understanding is that, as you say, mail can be rejected if the sender's forward and reverse DNS mappings don't match.

These days, you also need to implement SPF, DKIM and DMARC correctly, or some recipients may reject messages or classify them as spam. As the administrator of my own mail server, I found the test at https://www.internet.nl/ to be very useful. I configured the server to achieve a 100% score on that test. I would only run the test if I were the administrator or had their permission, though.