Re: Regex for spaces

Might be easier to use a strip type function.  You don't say what language your program is in.  In Python for instance you can say:
string1.strip()

On 11/21/23 10:34, 'Rob Hudson' via blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am not good with regexes at all. They give me a headache lol. Can anyone supply me a regex that will remove any trailing spaces in front or at the end of a file name? I use the program brename:
https://github.com/shenwei356/brename/
I have a regex to remove double spaces, but now I need one that will knock off leading and trailing.
Thanks for any help.