Re: google removing basic html access, alternatives?

On 20/11/23 17:30, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Anyone use  mutt that can lend documentation, or a hand?

I'm familiar with Mutt, but not with using it with Gmail. In particular, it is my understanding that authentication is more complicated now than it used to be, due to Google's security policies.

This article seems to be a reasonably up to date starting point:
https://www.thetechedvocate.org/how-to-install-and-configure-mutt-with-gmail-on-linux/

I have a GMail account, but it's configured to forward everything to one of my "real" e-mail accounts, and I don't use it to send messages. My Mutt configuration is et up to work with mail on my own server.