Re: Troubleshooting sound.

Hello,

that's weird, failing in middle of nothing, unless there was some kind
of update happening, it does sound more like a hardware failure.

Perhaps you may want to consider booting up a live Ubuntu session to see
if the sound behaves differently there? If the installation media
produces the same behavior as the installed OS, it's very likely a
hardware problem.

As for BT speakers, bluetoothctl is a very simple, straight-forward and
efficient terminal utility I make regular use of when pairing my BT
headphones to Linux devices, because the GUI interfaces usually don't
work for various reasons.

You just do:

sudo bluetoothctl

and use interactively, there is a help command that will list all
available commands, the typical pairing procedure is:

1. Scan to find out the MAC address of the device

2. Pair with the device

3. Trust the device (this will make your PC autoconnect when the
speakers are spotted)

4. Connect to the device

For more detailed instructions, search one of the how to turn Raspberry
pi into speakers tutorial, they usually contain the command sequence, or
ask chatGPT, it could give you the relevant advice.

It's one of the things I'm doing once per few years, and never remember
the exact commands.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 30. 10. 2023 o 21:26 Jeffery Mewtamer napísal(a):