Troubleshooting sound.

Okay, so last night, the 3.5 mm audiojack on the front of my Desktop
cut out in the middle of a youTube video and several reboots haven't
fixed sound coming out of it though I can still hear the faint crackle
that sometimes accompanies plugging/unplugging wired earphones.

I've also tried plugging into the 3.5mm audiojack on the back of my
desktop, and get sound from none of them.

I have a midi controller I recently discovered by accident can be used
as a USB speaker and it has an 3.5mm audiojack I currently have my
earphones plugged into, so I'm not completely without sound, but this
alternative has a few issues:

1. While YouTube videos and media  played from my SDSD or harddrive
sound normal, for some reason, this setup introduces, I'm not sure if
distortion is the right word, but what Orca is making espeak-ng say
sounds off like the volume has been cranked up to high, but it happens
even at low volume.

2. Every few minutes, sound cuts out and I have to unplug and replug
the USB cable to get it back... and how often I need to do this seems
random and is sometimes under a minute(I've had to unplug and replug
the cable twice during the typing of this numbered point).

3. The Midi controller, even when acting as a USB speaker, also acts
like a stand alone music synth, and it's easy for it to make noise
that drowns out what's coming from my desktop.

For what it's worth, I'm Running Debian with LXDE, installed from the
Debian 12.0.0 netinst and mostly upgraded to Debian Testing(I am
running Orca 43 because Orca 44/45 breaks one of my apps'
accessibility) and use Alsamixer in LXterminal for volume control.

Anyone have any idea how to trouble shoot the 3.5mm audiojacks to
either determine its a software issue and fix it or determine its a
hardware issue(which I really hope it isn't, I just bought this
desktop earlier this year and it isn't even paid off), or at least how
to fix the TTS distortion or intermittent sound using the midi
controller as a USB speaker... I do have an Amazon Echo that can be
used as a Bluetooth Speaker, but I don't even know how to pair my PC
to any bluetooth device.