Re: Intro.

When I retired to Pennsylvania, I could have had Windows for an operating
system and chose not to go that route.  Where I live is rural and as such
help desk calls and service would have been expensive.  With Linux if the
system runs into a problem I can either fix the problem or reinstall the
system by myself.  This is important since sighted help where I live is
unavailable.  I admit I tried to update windows on a Dell Laptop and it
went along fine until it got to SERVICEPACK3.  Then the laptop crashed and
I found out a little later that that Dell Dimension Laptop wouldn't
install Linux either.  So the laptop went into the trash since it was no
longer any use to anyone.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.