Re: Intro.

If you don't enjoy learning new skills, then Linux may not be a good
choice, unless you have someone available to set it up, customize and
maintain it for you.

I disagree. This certainly was the case in the late 1990's and very
early 2000's, when Linux was pretty much just DOS on steroids and we had
to learn how to compile a kernel just to get a decent screen reader
working. In 2023 however, only the Linux Foundation, which has Microsoft
as one of its "platinum partners," still propagates the myth that Linux
is not for some people. It is in fact for everyone, and the learning
curve has decreased significantly even in the past few years. In fact,
the king of the enforced learning curve, Microsoft, has ensured that
Linux is easier to learn than ever, since their own OS has gotten
needlessly more and more complicated over the past 20 years or so. It's
to the point now where I don't feel I have the patience to learn their
new way of doing things even if a job was to say so. Thankfully for me,
this is not the case at all, and I have the ability to stick to the
lakes and the rivers that I'm used to, right here on the only truly
operating system on the planet. My computer works for me, I don't have
to work for it, unlike these new phones these days that make me work for
them more and more as time goes on, tell me to move one finger while
expecting me to stand on my head, etc.

~Kyle