Re: Intro.

Hello,

since you're new to Linux, I would recommend going with Ubuntu Mate. It
will provide you with the most stable while still uptodate experience,
so you can fully focus on discovering the open platform.

Though, I would recommend to wait a week, Ubuntu 23.10 is scheduled to
be released on 12th October, shipping the latest atspi packages and
other things.

If this is the choice you decide to take, you may also be interested in
some of my related projects, namely:

https://github.com/RastislavKish/umai

for setting up accessibility on UM,

https://github.com/RastislavKish/mlock

for fixing one annoying bug with focus if it appears on your machine, and:

https://github.com/RastislavKish/mtg

for turning off your monitor.

Regarding umai and support for UM 23.10, it should be prepared by the
date of the distro's release, see the project's readme for an uptodate
list of supported UM versions.

Have a lot of fun, and the best experience!

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 4. 10. 2023 o 13:18 Linux for blind general discussion napísal(a):