UMAI 0.4: Welcome on Ubuntu Mate 23.04

Hello everyone,
as the title suggests, today I released a new version of UMAI, the
Ubuntu Mate Accessibility Improver utility.

I felt this step to be increasingly more and more necessary, as the orca
and accessibility development in general is progressing and leaving the
last UM LTS in the dust. Wat's something I really love to see, except
UMAI needed some updates too as a consequence.

Either way, 0.4 is here, bringing the support for Ubuntu Mate 23.04, and
all the new accessibility benefits.

If you for some reason prefer sticking to LTS, that's fine too. 22.04
remains supported like before, and will stay that way at least until 24.04.

That's not the only change, though. Besides having the latest gnome-45
Orca, 0.4 also removes the deb Firefox installation, meaning safer
browsing and less annoyance with reinstalls, weirdly behaving icons etc.

another important change is related to ocrdesktop. As those of you
running the recent versions of Ubuntu / Debian have likely noticed,
there is a new policy being enforced in regards to working with Python
packages. It's no longer possible to install global packages /
dependencies like before, every Python app needs to have its own virtual
environment, where it's responsible for handling its dependencies.

In other words, we're now forced to do things properly, what's quite a mess.

Fortunately, if you don't want to fiddle with environments, packages and
dependencies, UMAI will now do this for you, on all supported systems.

I'm really, really glad I can provide this functionality, ocrdesktop is
a critically essential accessibility tool, and I really can't imagine
any newcomer to Linux who may have no technical knowledge / skills at
all dealing with this.

See:
https://github.com/RastislavKish/umai

for more information.