Thunderbird and Orca

On a Fedora machine, running Orca, when using Thunderbird with two mail accounts, the program is started.
But I must wait several hours then refresh Orca with
f 2, orca --replace
and sometimes I can then do what needs to be done.
But sometimes, even doing that, I cannot move about in the program because of no speech, save for orca saying screen on.