Re: microknoppix download

I don't know how to troubleshoot Transmission, and I can't recall if I
used Firefox to download the iso directly or used the torrent the last
time I downloaded Knoppix, but if I used the torrent, it downloaded
without issue via ctorrent.

Running

ctorrent path/to/torrent/file.torrent

will download the torrent's data to the working directory, tie up the
active tty/terminal emulator tab with some hard to parse information
about the progress, and seed for 72 hours once the download is
complete.

ctorrent -d /path/to/torrent/file.torrent

Will download the data to the working directory, run ctorrent as a
deamon, and seed for 72 hours once the download is complete.

ctorrent -c /path/to/torrent/file.torrent

will do a hash check on the data(which it assumes is in the working
directory) and print out the progress of each file and the overall
progress(inchunks download out of chunks total and as a percentage).
This as no impact on the deamonized instance running in the
background.

I generally do ctorrent -d on the torrent file in my downloads
directory occasionally using ctorrent -c to check progress... I then
have a bash script that uses a function to run ctorrent -d with extra
options to skip an initial hash check and seed for 1000 hours(because
ctorrent, as far as I know, lacks a seed forever option and 1000 hours
is long enough I'm unlikely to ever go long enough without rebooting
to need to run the script at anytime other than immediately after
reboot) on all the torrent files in the working directory, cds to all
the directories with torrents in them, and calls that function).