New Version, Confusing Choices?

Hi All: I guess in the last year or so Debian changed the dialogue of when a maintainer ships a new config. They were letter choices. Now, they are numbers in a completely lop sided order, but even worse, typing one of these numbers doesn't seem to work here in Debian 12 SId. Here is what it said during an apt full-upgrade
Configuring openssh-server

A new version (/tmp/tmp.UbLHTXnWVK) of configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config is available, but the version installed currently has been locally modified.

1. install the package maintainer's version 3. show the differences between the versions 5. show a 3-way difference between available versions 7. start a new shell to examine the situation 2. keep the local version currently installed 4. show a side-by-side difference between the versions 6. do a 3-way merge between available versions Back again live, in most cases I would want to keep a modified config, but with this new confusing menu, its anybody's guess? Thanks so much in advance
Chime