Re: Good minimal distro today?

Well, here's an article from Debian about system requirements:

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch03s04.html.en

Granted, the URL lists a version codename from several releases ago,
and if you want to run Orca, you probably want at least as much extra
memory for it as you'd want for the DE itself.

Beyond that, I can't really provide much advice on running Linux on
Hardware older than 2011.