Re: Accessible tty apps

Tim here, replying inline.

> Can you recommend me some accessible:
>
> file explorer

I found that `mc` and `vifm` were a bit noisy on the screen, while
`nnn` was much more straight-forward.  So that's where I'd suggest
starting.

Similarly, lynx has a file-editor mode, so I can do

  $ lynx .

to get a simple/familiar interface, tag a couple files with "t" and
then use "r" to remove them (my most common use-case).

That said, most of the time I just use the usual command-line
commands (ls, mv, cp, ln, rm, etc) and globs.

> mail client working with gmail

This one has become more challenging since Gmail switched to requiring
OAUTH2 in a lot of cases.  I've seen links that suggest that
mutt/neomutt can be configured to work with Gmail, using some
helper-scripts.  I think you need to have your Gmail configured to
have an "app password" as detailed at
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

and include

  set smtp_authenticators="gssapi:login"

in your .muttrc or .neomuttrc config file.

I hooked up my (largely unused) Gmail account to test it  many years
ago, before the OAUTH change but that config no longer works for
me and I haven't been inspired to retry.

> maybe some audio player

While I usually use `cmus`, it's more of a TUI, but it does offer
a CLI "remote" interface, allowing me to bind keys to it or manipulate
it from the command-line.  Alternatively, the Music Player Daemon
`mpd` offers similar functionality with a variety of front-ends
from CLI (mpc) to TUI to GUI to web:

  https://www.musicpd.org/clients/