Re: In the market for a new Desktop.

Is it still worth doing a custom build these days? I've generally done that, except for the current desktop, because I got a good sale price on it. It seems to me that might save ya few  coins or at least let you spend coins on parts you actually care about. Since you know what you want, it doesn't make sense to get a prebuilt box. I usually get as much RAM as the board will handle and the fattest CPU the board will take, and then skimp on most other things, because I don't typically heavily use the GPU. RAM tends to be what you run out of first, so empty slots are a crime and should be filled. Get 16 GB or more of that, and you can skip the swap partition and get a speed boost.