Re: Looking for a Good Way of Dealing with Accidently Deleted Files?

alias rm="rm -i"

All that really does is ask an intermediate question that you eventually get used to just saying yes to, and your files still get deleted. A better solution may be something more like

rm () [

  mv $@ $HOME/.Trash

}

Or similar. Of course you will want another function to empty the trash, or use a systemd timer or cron job that empties the trash maybe once a day or so. It's just that I have found myself in my own brand of hell because of the "Are you sure" questions that I answer automatically.

~Kyle