Re: timidity question

I can hear test.wav. I'm thinking to recompile timidity++ from source but I can only find old version not 2.15.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:04:24 -0500
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: timidity question

Oh OK. I didn't realize you were in fact using the same file. OK so one more shot in the dark that I just thought of. Maybe try running

timidity -Ow -o testing.wav midifile.mid

of course replacing midifile.mid with the name of the file you are trying to play. Then try to play testing.wav or whatever you called the resulting wav file. If it plays, then you most likely have a problem with timidity's sound output.If testing.wav is silent or does not exist, then you have a different problem not related to either the soundfont or the sound output.

~Kyle