Re: timidity question

soundfont /usr/share/soundfonts/default.sf2

OK now I think I see something. Check for a file at usr/share/soundfonts/default.sf2. I'm thinking that you probably don't have such a file. If you do have a file with that name, use the file command to determine what type of file it is. I am not aware of any distribution of Timidity++ that includes default.sf2, nor am I aware of a package that provides that file. If you have the file and it is in fact a soundfont, then we're back to square 1. However, I think I may have found the problem, and you can best fix it by changing default.sf2 to another soundfont file that you do have in /usr/share/soundfonts. Obviously you do have soundfonts available, since you have indicated that fluidsynth will play midi files. It's just a matter of getting Timidity configured with the same soundfont file.

~Kyle