Snap, Flatpak and/or AppImages?

Hi all,

Am just curious, which of the 3 multi-distro distribution formats do you prefer?

I am most familiar with flatpak, for the very simple reason, Slint comes with it setup by default.

Some software I require for making a living, (Zoom and Skype) is not available as SlackBuilds, and making those from .rpm or .deb files is doable, but frankly a pain.

I tested the unstable build of Chrome as a flatpak, but it's very limited in what you can really do with it, so no installing a browser this way.

Snapd as I stated in a previous message doesn't run at all on anything based on Slackware 14.2, however I cannot speak for Slackware 15 as of yet. Seeing that Snapd requires some systemd packages as dependencies, I do not foresee this changing anytime soon.

I really cannot speak at all on AppImages for the simple reason, I've never needed one. If you happen to know more about this than I, which shouldn't be hard, please enlighten me on the subject.

--
Warm regards,

Brandt Steenkamp

Sent using Thunderbird from the Slint machine