Re: Coqui TTS has blew my mind!

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

..which makes stating that these are accessible incorrect.

Whether we like it or not, anyone who still uses Lynx at all, which includes me, has to realise that some things will not work without some poking about, and some things can not be made to work at all.

We can no longer *expect* even the most usable of websites to work with Lynx, as much as we might want to. The world has moved on, and anyone who continues to use Lynx has to realise that they are using a browser that lacks some HTML features and the limits that come with that.

I think a good argument could be mounted for supporting the audio tag in Lynx, as it doesn't require any kind of Javascript support. Someone would have to opena feature request for this.

Having said all this, it's pretty trivial to get the URLs for the samples from the source of the page, which is what I did. Here they are:

Basic Samples

https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s1.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s2.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s3.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s4.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s5.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/s6.wav

Hard Utterances

https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/hs1.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/hs2.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/hs3.wav

Long Utterances

https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/ls1.wav
https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/wavs/ls2.wav

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ADnBCz0Wd1U

Personally, I don't see the point of the Hard Utterances. These are sentences strung together without any punctuation, the kind of thing that you normally wouldn't expect to come across and which one wouldn't expect a TTS to deal with gracefully anyway.

HTH,
Geoff.