Re: Why do you use Linux? expanded from Converting text to mp3

Hello,

I have computer from 2003. I got Windows XP and Window-eyes screenreader. After 5 years I had Windows XP again and Winmonitor, Czech screenreader. I tried all screenreaders - Jaws, Dolphin Screenreader (formerly Hal). Combination Hal and NVDA was the best for me. In 2009 i've first meet linux, edition Blindubuntu. After two years, in 2011, my computer instructor show me linux, Ubuntu 11.04. It was really super and I've installed and set linux on my laptop. But Ubuntu 11.04 had many bugs, many times Orca didn't speak, so I've switched to Vinux 3.2 and without any bugs. But at school they wanted me to switch back to Windows due to programming in Visualstudio 2012, which wasn't on linux. So I had to format my computer and install Windows back. In 2012 one my friend called me, he bought Macbook Air and it's really fine. I've bought Macbook pro 13 and was comfortable. But I had to have virtual machine for programming in Visualbasic. When my Macbook was broken - motherboard and HDD, I've switched back to Windows. But Windows was sluggysh, it crashed many times per month and I had to reinstall it with sighted assistance. When Windows crashed me threetimes for three days, I was really angry, with help of my friend formatted disk and installed Ubuntu 14.04, but not comfortable. My friend found Vinux and installed it to my laptop and I was comfortable. Now I have linux for many years, since September 2015 and I am comfortable. Sometimes I am thinking to buy Mac due to writing Word documents or working better with some web sites, but Mac is expensive for me. So I've installed Cloud ready to my old laptop and I can work better with less accessible web sites.

Since summer 2020 I have Raspberry Pi 4B, Ubuntu Mate 20.04 and I am comfortable. I don't use desktop or laptop, only sometimes Hypra laptop, which I have since May 2019. I am not programmer, only user of linux, but I am comfortable with that. I know linux has bugs, but everything has bugs, something more, something less.

Best regards

Vojta.