Re: any other accessible email client for linux?

I'm not sure about other distros, but on Fedora, my Seamonkey does have two menu invocations. One is the mail application and the other is the web browser. Both are located in my internet menu on my MATE desktop. Seamonkey mail will import mailboxes directly from an existing Thunderbird installation, and I am finding its accessibility with Orca to be quite good. Since I believe Seamonkey to be based on somewhat older versions of Thunderbird and Firefox, you may not see the calendar options, as you once needed an extension for that. Chat is also a separate invocation of seamonkey, so it shouldn't be in your main mail window either. The only thing that may possibly be considered a drawback is that opening a link in an email message in seamonkey will open the link in the seamonkey browser instead of the browser you set as the default. So if you want to open links in another browser, you will need to copy the link address to your clipboard. Other than that, I can recommend Seamonkey as a pretty good email application. It's not actually a bad browser either from my experience.
~Kyle