Re: any other accessible email client for linux?

You could try sylpheed.  It's just email, and usable, though not as accessible as t-bird.  If you want to run something in the terminal or console, there are alpine and mutt, to name two. These clients both need some tricky setup, but, once that's done, you shouldn't need to modify it.

HTH,

Dave  Hunt   ka1cey@xxxxxxxxx