Re: Adjusting lightdm screenreader volume (How do I...)

Oh I think I know what the problem is. Are you using an Ubuntu derivative by chance? I believe Ubuntu-based distributions use gsettings to store orca preferences. The only way I know to copy your user's gsettings configuration is to copy all of .config/dconf/user into lightdm's home folder in the same place. It would be /var/lib/lightdm/.config/dconf/user

Don't worry about overwriting that file if it exists, that is what you want to do. You would end up with a ton of settings that can't be used for anything, but it should copy your orca preferences so that whatever voice your user has set should also be set when using lightdm.

My only other suggestion would be to copy your ~/.config/speech-dispatcher folder in the same way, but that assumes you have a user-based speech-dispatcher configuration instead of using the system configuration.

~Kyle