Re: Fedora pros and cons

The double voice issue is a problem caused by the alsa front-end plugin called dmix. It doesn't seem to start late or anything, but it seems to somewhat slow down the audio input before sending it to the output device. Well, that's the best way I can describe it, as it starts out responsive enough, but if you try to interrupt one sound to play another, similar to the way your arrows interrupt speaking the previous line to speak the new current line, the new line will talk over the old one, because the latency increases the longer the first line speaks. It can talk over itself for half a second or more. I have never noticed this problem with any other simultaneous stream mixing system, only dmix.

~Kyle