Re: Want to try a GUI. Which one is best?

I have a friend most of a thousand miles away.  He is also blind and got
ubuntu with gnome installed on his system by thinkpenguin.  What I would
like to know is if sudo apt install mate mate-extra as a command will
start the process to replace gnome with mate on his machine.  He uses orca
and works lots better with the classic version of gnome and unfortunately
in 19.10 Ubuntu removed classic from the desktop list you can choose after
entering a password.