Re: How to start gnome-orca along with windows manager

Hi Didier,

Thank for your info. I can make it to work during login screen. Here's the
complete file ontent of lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

[greeter]
> a11y-states = +reader;+font

reader = /usr/bin/orca

FYI, I am testing several linux distro for my new workstation and
considering Slint as well. So far I am testing it on another laptop. I want
to make able to use compiz with screen magnification.
I know that I will need these packages but Slackware is completely new for
me so it may take a while.

   - mate-tweak
   - compiz

Once again, thank you for all and have a great day.

Best Regards

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 12:43 AM, Linux for blind general discussion <
blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Edhoari,
>
> Le 18/01/2018 à 08:16, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's the result
> >
> > ls -l /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Jan 17 16:27 /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service
> -> /lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service
> >
> > I'm using MATE desktop
>
> I know nothing about Debian.
> In Slint, to get the lightdm greeter to speak we include these two lines
> in  /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf:
> reader = orca
> a11y-states = +reader
>
> This can also be set from MATE running as root
> lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings if you have it.
>
> We also include in /etc/lightdm.conf; below this line
> [Seat:*]
> this other line:
> session-setup-script=pkill -u lightdm at-spi
>
> This is to allow starting orca in MATE as else the "lightdm" user still
> owns at-spi after login.
> Not sure it's necessary in Debian though.
>
> As an aside, I will soon publish a new Slint ISO with speech enhancements.
> Existing installations will be able to get the updated packages without
> reinstalling.
>
> Didier
> Slint distribution: http://slint.fr
> <didier~at~slint~dot~fr>