Re: Linux distro and questions

Well Brian, I can answer 2 items in your list. Yes, Speakup has a quite good review function, similar but lots better than NVDA in windows. What really comes in handy are the cut-and-past ability which I use all the time. As for your laptop, why not try Vinux 5.1, currently based on Ubuntu, but soon switching to Fedora.
O-and-there is also a Fenrar screen-reader, but I know little about it.
Chime