almost got gdm and mate working on archlinux

I got things up to login and did that and got the screen-saver after that. When I ran orca I had sighted assistance looking at the screen and orca did not come up talking. It did show all of its settings on screen though. As a result, I removed mate and mate-extra and orca and brltty and dependencies from the system. I think I'll need to remove whatever screen-saver programs gnome and/or mate normally install before turning those on next time Archlinux has orca 3.24 on it if anyone is interested in the version of that package that ran that way. espeak did work before gdm started up too so sound and speech on the command line level is working.