Re: perl version updating

Shlomi,

Thanks for the url, I added that to my bookmarks file. I'll be back. These are updates that need to be done and over 200 by now.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 14:58:47
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: perl version updating

Hi Anonymous!

This is Shlomi Fish here.

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 07:14:09 -0400
Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have several perl modules *.pm files that need rebuilding against an
updated perl base.  I hadn't got that far into perl for rebuilding modules
yet.  Any pointers at material to read through before trying this I think
will be quite helpful.  I was doing a little reading on perlcompile and my
impression is that's a collection of tools not all of which are stable.

Perhaps see the resources at http://perl-begin.org/ - especially
http://perl-begin.org/topics/modules-and-packages/ and
http://perl-begin.org/topics/cpan/ . (Note that  I am its maintainer)

Otherwise *.pm are text/code files that do not need to be rebuilt (although
they may require updating for the new version of the perl interpreter  due to
introduced incompatibilities.). You may be thinking of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XS_%28Perl%29 which does require rebuilding.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish