Re: will pico or nano fix this?

Hi Tim,
ding ding ding!!
that did the job thanks. I did not need the file to tap dance, just read without pausing in strange ways.
Will remember fmt in future to be sure.
Thanks again,
Kare

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Tim here.  You could try running it through the "fmt" utility to
reformat paragraphs, assuming each paragraph has a blank line between
it.  To reformat it to 80-columns wide, you could do

$ fmt -80 < short_lines.txt > nice_and_wide.txt

My version here has a maximum allowed width of 2500 apparently, in
case you want to try and make them as long as possible.

If that doesn't do what you want, you'd have to provide a sample
excerpt of the file (or redacted text in a similar format, especially
when it comes to line-breaks and paragraph breaks) to test against.
But hopefully that above invocation solves it for you

-tim