will pico or nano fix this?

Hi All,
We have both editors here at shellworld.  Here is the situation.
using pdftotext I converted a large file. the resulting text though has very very short lines with hrt, return keys at the end of them.
As if the file was intended to be read in a very small space.
I repaired a file like this once, but cannot remember how.
Any tips?
Thanks,
Karen