Re: can someone help me install mess or mame?

No, no, and more no.  I know how to install packages using sudo.  Lemme show you the output.
markp@southernprince:~$ sudo apt-get install mame
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mame
markp@southernprince:~$
Now using aptitude.
markp@southernprince:~$ sudo aptitude install mame
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "mame"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "mame"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

What an annoyance.  You'd figure it'd be in the repos.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!