Re: Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Tony Baechler here.

On 4/29/2017 3:26 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
Having thought about this though, it may be worth putting together a special
build of speech-dispatcher that is usable in an initramfs. I may end up doing
this anyway just for kicks.

If you do, I would be interested in testing it. I thought of another problem though. What about unmuting the sound? I'm using the snd_emu10k1 module. Without poking at amixer, I get no sound. That means some ALSA components would also have to be included. If you can give instructions to build a custom initrd with your build of SD and anything else necessary, I would be happy to try it and report my results.