Re: OT: ACB & NFB

yeah, they kept trying to make me use "their" brand of cane. One small problem, the tips would wear out too fast. Another problem, the fastening screw would fall out.

Somehow, I think their idea of a cane is simply a brand one. Sure, its lightweight, but its also a bit too flexible. It also doesn't work well in areas where sidewalks are broken. It most decidedly doesn't work in snow. Basically, I had my O&M instructor try to navigate a snow packed sidewalk with the NFB cane. Then I had him try it with my folding cane with the large ball tip. He kept insisting that I use the NFB model, but had to admit that it just wasn't practical to use in all circumstances. So, I take it as a valid assumption that the leadership is inflexible at the best of times. I know for a fact that a lot of their instructors are very inflexible unless presented with facts they can't ignore.

-eric