Re: Blind vs. mainstream distros

You're replying to me. I'm Tony Baechler.

On 4/23/2017 10:38 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
I'm not sure who I'm replying to, but I just have a few points. Vinux 4 and
Vinux 5 were based on Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 14.04 respectively, which I
think were the high points in Ubuntu accessibility, but maybe that's just
with Unity.

I don't use anything other than MATE so I can't comment. I don't remember what Vinux I tried, but I think it was 3 or 4.

I've never had a problem with the Vinux installer crashing in a stable
version of vinux, and I've installed all vinuxes going back to Vinux 3 and
maybe even Vinux 2. I also don't find the Vinux installer to be particularly
unfriendly. It gets a bit complicated if you have to go into GPartEd, but
I'm not sure how much simpler you can make repartitioning your hard drive.

All I know is I ran remastersys (now dead) and it crashed. I never actually installed it, but I got complaints that it was hard to use. They probably fixed this in version 5.

I'll go ahead and move my signature above the quoted text.

Well, your signature got lost.