Adding a Podcast Feed through torsocks?

Well, last week I purchased a book by Johnathan Mosen on proxy servers. I wrote-and-asked him about some specifics involving Linux? He didn't know. So, I would like to subscribe to
http://feeds.aljazeera.net/podcasts/insidesyriaAU
I am running hpodder, a most intuative client, which examines meta data. But if I grab epesodes, all of them are 101K probably a geo blocking message. So if I run torsocks infront of hpodder it says something about trouble parsing feed. Can some1 please inform on a best way of adding podcasts in a proxy setup? O, running Debian 3.16 Speakup and a DecTalk U S B
Thanks so much in advance
Hart