Re: sourceforge.net download problems

Ah, I see what you mean. I was only talking about files from SourceForge. Yes, in most cases, you're right that checksums aren't available. The only thing you could do is download the file twice and use a diff utility to compare them and see if they're identical.

One thing that might help to avoid file transfer problems is the use of rsync. It does make sure that what you're downloading is identical to what's on the host system, so you could use rsync to transfer from your remote shell account to your local machine, assuming you aren't on dial-up. BitTorrent is another possible option because it makes sure you have all of the pieces and the checksums match.\