Re: sourceforge.net download problems

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what's impossible about it? With wget, it checks the size sent by the http server, so it should tell you if the download is incomplete. As you probably know, md5sum is standard on any Linux installation, so just run md5sum on the downloaded file. This could be done with a script. You would somehow have to get the correct md5 checksum by hand or put it in a file, but it's easy enough to tell with manual inspection whether they match or not. Also, wget can resume broken downloads in most cases. I know curl and ncftp can as well. Regarding GPG, just use "gpg --verify" to verify the download provided that you have the GPG signature. Again, that could be done with a script which first calls wget to download the file. All of this is unnecessary if you download by hand from the ftp site I mentioned.