Re: Just an intro.

OK, well I admit I may still have a lot to learn here. I was just going by what I read on pages like http://wiki.qemu.org/KVM where it says:

QEMU can make use of KVM when running a target architecture that is the same as the host architecture. For instance, when running qemu-system-x86 on an x86 compatible processor, you can take advantage of the KVM acceleration - giving you benefit for your host and your guest system.

I read this on multiple web sites, but you can't always tell what's current by reading a web page.