actually, about outube?

Hi again,
all the talk about downloading and playing locally has me wondering.
I take it you have tried the html5 plug in for lynx. If so that you are registered with google's html5 playing program? I have seen references to this on more than one occasion, letting you access the html5 editions of things. because flash is such a problem for many across the board, I am finding more and more html5 player options...which might work in lynx with the plug in. I have no issue playing locally mind you, part of what will make the dos port of mplayer fun. Along with perhaps if elinks can swing whatever java scripting is present, streams. Still I am wondering if anyone has tried the plug in?
Karen