Re: some bees nest stirring, was just how much can you do with?

Well Karen, first, thank you, you probably inspired a most exciting-and-useful group of discussions in a long history of these lists. Now, about your basic question here, in this day-and-age since bandwidth and file sizes are larger, it sure make life easier to muti-task. As an example, I have 23 consoles in Linux. Console 1 I am constantly on Shellworld, while console 13 sits in my news videos directory-and-I may be downloading a large speech from get_flash_videos. While I can switch over to console 4 and play from a large collection of mp3s. On console 23 I would be watching or recording a newscast from Aljazeera. I remember many years ago in pure DOS with a dialup, uploading a 59MB file which took 11hours. I could do anything with the machine for all that time. Likewise I wouldn't go back, but also like the chance to run DOS in Linux. I have a homepage creating program which only runs in DOS, so I have the best of both worlds. In addition, I haven't mentioned even longer actions such as downloading bittorrents or grabbing files in trn on usenet.
And with now 4sound-cards I have even more options.
Thanks again
Hart