Re: Looking for a CD Burner in Debian

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Christopher Brannon wrote:

It is a two-step process.  Here's what I do.  First, I use sox to
convert the audio file to the proper format:
sox myfile.wav -t cdr myfile.cdr

I've never used wodim, but all other CD writers I've used (cdrdao, cdrecord) can take wav files without converting them to CDR first. They probably have to be at 44.1 kHz stereo though.

Geoff.